Today, we are announcing a number of significant new product enhancements that will offer additional value to our users.
Engagio is becoming a Social Conversations Network combining the convenience of the social Inbox utility with the power of the Network via a new Engagement Discovery Dashboard.
The Engagement Discovery Dashboard reveals your friends conversations across the several social networks and commenting communities they participate in. Visit the Engagio dashboard to reveal the conversations that your friends are engaging in from across the spectrum of the social web. It’s an Engagement stream that is quite addictive.
Discovery is becoming fragmented on the social web. Engagio looks at the Discovery piece via an engagement lens. It lets you discover sites and articles where your friends are spending their time.
Any user can find people to follow by dipping into their existing friends/contacts on Twitter, Facebook and Google Contacts (Engagio surfaces them), or by searching Engagio’s 400,000 social identities Profiles database. We call this type of follow, a “BIG Follow”, because you follow people across their networks in one click. Why should we have to follow users multiple times? With Engagio, you follow users once.
Engagio is also releasing a powerful Gmail extension for Chrome that displays its popular “social conversations inbox” inside Gmail as a folder. The extension is available from the Chrome store as a free download.
Millions of users live inside their Gmail throughout the day. The Engagio extension gives them a one-click access to social interactions and online commenting in a familiar look and feel as the Gmail Inbox.
Users are spending more time replying to social conversations, sometimes as a priority over regular email. The Chrome extension will increase usage levels for users that are both on email and social networks throughout the day. According the Engagio State of Online Conversations survey (to be released in early June), Commenting is a more important social gesture than Sharing, and Replying to a social networking message is more important than Liking.
The Gmail extension includes a Discovery button “Discover friends’ conversations” that links to the Engagement Discovery Dashboard.
Engagio’s Gmail extension also includes two features that are likely to keep users interested:
- - a “Social Compose” function where users can post a new message to their Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn accounts
- - a browser notification icon that displays the # of unread messages, similar to Gmail.
Multiple Social Accounts for the same user
Engagio users can connect an unlimited number of additional networks to their account for Twitter, Facebook, Disqus, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Google+, Google Contacts and Foursquare.
This was one of the most asked features. Community managers, brand owners and power users will be able to manage multiple personal and business conversations from a single account.
Social Graphs Integration
- Follow Friends. For Twitter, Facebook and Google Contacts, find out which of your friends from these networks are on Engagio. Follow/unfollow friends and see who is following you.
- Find Friends. Find new Friends to invite from these three networks. The incentive for inviting friends is that you can follow their conversations across the networks they are on. More signal, less noise.
- Who wants to connect with me? One of the benefits of being on Engagio is that users can reveal their email to each other as a subtle signal that they are open to being contacted. This is important in commenting communities where users meet strangers and become friends after initiating several discussions with each other. Users will now get notified via Email when their contacts want to reveal their emails to them.
- Where are my friends are commenting? A daily email notification will alert users where their friends are commenting so they can discover new interesting sites to participate in.
As usual, we’re always hungry for feedback and additional product ideas. We take our UserVoice board very seriously. Please leave feedback, tweet something about Engagio, and share your experience and thoughts on the social web. Thank you for your support.
Your Engagio Team
- Engagio Gives the Web a ‘Context’ Button (readwriteweb.com)
- Engagio Turns Gmail Into An Inbox for Social Conversations (businessinsider.com)
- Social inbox Engagio becomes a social conversations network (gigaom.com)
- Engagio Creates a Universal Inbox for Social Network Messages (pcworld.com)
- Engagio Brings Its Social Inbox To Your Gmail Inbox (techcrunch.com)