Today we are announcing the Quantitative part of the 2012 Survey, State of Social Conversations.
You can read about the results by visiting the 2012 Engagio Survey entry page, and follow the link there for the detailed results. This is part I of the results, focusing on the quantitative aspects. In Part II, we will include the qualitative part where we will synthesize about 250 additional comments that were gathered as part of the survey process.
Here’s the Infographic. Feel free to use and share it as you wish.
- - Building and nurturing online communities is the #1 cited benefit of commenting online, whereas promoting your product or services is the least important benefit.
- - Online discussions are most important in Blogs and Social Networks, and less important in Location and Photo Sharing Sites.
- - In the Social Gesturing space, Commenting is more important than Sharing; and Replying to a social network message is more important than Liking or Following someone
- - Spam catching, social sharing and links to commenters profiles are the top 3 most desired features in online commenting systems
- - Top 3 most annoying things about commenting systems: low quality of comments, author not participating, delayed moderation.
- - 62% of users seek out online communities of interest to discover conversations that impact work, travel, lifestyle, real estate, or product purchases, and 42% make purchasing decisions based on these visits.
Stay tuned for Part II, and feel free to discuss these results here.
Read more about the survey results
>> JUMP TO THE SURVEY ENTRY PAGE